What goes up...

is often a lot of hot air. In my mind I soar like an eagle, but my friends say I waddle like a duck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: No Man's Land, Disputed Ground

Flights of Fancy on the Winds of Whimsy

Thursday, January 24, 2008

You know things are getting tricky when

the MP's of your country decide they have to award themselves a below-inflation pay rise.

But don't worry just yet, the Bankers and stockbrokers are still getting their bonuses.

Shouldn't that be bonii?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger FirstNations said...

and there arose a great lamenting in the lands of the officials; for they did feel slighted of bone; that is, they had been boned.

8:30 pm  
Blogger Sopwith-Camel said...

Never underestimate the power of a bone, for did not Samson slay a thousand philistines with the ass-bone of a giraffe?

8:47 pm  
Blogger FirstNations said...

no, that was tobit and the jawbone of a fish in the library.

the New York Times finally printed the phrase 'failing economy' so its official over here. me, i knew it when the money started coming funny colored.

4:52 pm  
Blogger Sopwith-Camel said...

FN: I think Dubya might have bought the treasury department a scanner and colour laser printer.

So anyway, we'll have to create a new blog category, "how to survive a recession". A collection of handy cooking tips and DiY tricks. "Build a dog-powered electricity-generator from old bicycle wheels and soda-pop bottles"

I'm going to drag out that box of old war magazines and see how they managed to get by.

11:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home