What goes up...

is often a lot of hot air. In my mind I soar like an eagle, but my friends say I waddle like a duck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: No Man's Land, Disputed Ground

Flights of Fancy on the Winds of Whimsy

Friday, December 07, 2007

Side-tracks

I'm still new to blogging, I'm still learning what you can do with blogs. I spend a lot of my on-line time wandering around a small list of blogs, most of which you can find in my sidebar. On these blogs I visit, once I've read the latest posts, I often start wandering through their sidebar links. Using the principle that, if I like their posts I'm also going to like the people they've selected to link to, I can find myself miles away, blog-wise, from where I started. There aren't the hours in the day to travel enough of the net.

I put up a link to an MP3 blog in my side bar some time ago. It was a site I had discovered even before I started my own blog. It's quite easy to spot if you want to take a look. The good Doctor visited here once and decided it was the most noteworthy thing about the site. He was at least honest enough to say so on his own blog.

Today, though, I'm honouring Taiga, firstly for her Superloner Advent Calender, and secondly for one of her sidebar links that I've only just discovered. First of all, have a look at Taiga-Tails, as I call her, and then have a look down her sidebar for The Hype Machine. I'm holding off from putting it straight into my sidebar because I didn't discover it for myself; I'd feel guilty stealing from Taiga.

Of course, you don't have to go look: not everyone likes the surreal, which Taiga excels at, or new sounds, which the Hype Machine pumps out effortlessly. If you want something a bit more mundane, Albert's playing with trains. It makes a change from bicycles.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sparks out of the Hantarex!!!!

WTF did you do to it? Got a leaky roof perhaps, or drips off a damp cat seeking the warmth?

Pull the back cover and get the hairdryer out before powering up again, and watch out for the flyback.

11:12 am  
Blogger Sopwith-Camel said...

They're big sparks, from somewhere around the back of the tube. Big voltage country, from the colour of the blue flashes.

I'm wondering if the rumble of the trains shook something loose. Anyway, much as I miss it, I'm going to have to get these accounts finished, and there's also the rug-railway to think about when I have to get the soldering iron out.

3:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeez, don't know what to say, no way I'd have lumbered you with it if I'd had the slightest idea there was a problem with it...

4:32 pm  
Blogger Sopwith-Camel said...

No worries, I still have hopes of sorting it. It worked fine all week, I reckon it's just something loose. In the worse cae, I'm sure someone has stocks of spare boards. It's the thought of wandering around it with a scope probe and pussy-cats leaping around that puts me off doing it straight away.

I'm more interested in trying to work out how to alter the Rug-railways's minimum on time.

5:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home