What goes up...

is often a lot of hot air. In my mind I soar like an eagle, but my friends say I waddle like a duck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: No Man's Land, Disputed Ground

Flights of Fancy on the Winds of Whimsy

Monday, April 09, 2007

Resting

I've noticed over the past few days that a lot of good actors are doing voice-overs in adverts but are not appearing in new films or dramas. They can't be too old to get work, so I assume there is no work around at the moment. Is there nothing new on TV except for reality shows and programs about crime-scene forensic scientists?

So I'll have to watch the adverts once I've watched the repeats of the repeats. I pay a licence fee for this?

Gripe-gripe.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like you, we grumble about the licence fee too, even though it works out at less than the cost of most newpapers if you average it over the year.

However, on the other side of the coin, how many times do you find yourself saying things like, "I wish they'd bring back..." I know all the old classics, several of which I haven't actually seen (Babylon 5, for instance) are available on DVD, but buying stuff that way soon adds up to quite a cost.

By the way, we have just moved to a non-cable area (yes, they do still exist). We also have a fuzzy Channel 5 (I'll keep quiet though, otherwise everybody'll want one). And although we have a Freeview box ready, we still don't have digital telly here. So if we're missing lots of great series in the meantime, I'd be quite glad if they are eventually repeated.

3:42 pm  
Blogger Sopwith-Camel said...

Tough luck about the no-digital. I bought a freeview USB stick to try and watch TV on my laptop in the hotel, but found that there wasn't any in that area. Is it all of Lincolnshire that isn't covered?

Mind you, having seen your Rod Hull impersonation with the wooly duster, do you really need telly ?

8:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home