What goes up...

is often a lot of hot air. In my mind I soar like an eagle, but my friends say I waddle like a duck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: No Man's Land, Disputed Ground

Flights of Fancy on the Winds of Whimsy

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Whichever way you find me

I put Google Analytics onto my blog a few days ago, partly because I didn't know if anybody still cared about me. It looks like they don't, on the whole, (which makes the select few amongst you who do a bit more special than I first thought).

I was intrigued to find that several other blogs were shown as 'referral' links, which I took to mean that they must have a link to me on them which the visitor had followed, but when I visited several of those blogs, I was nowhere to be found.

I don't know exactly what is going on here, whether it's just a random jump to another blog in the ring or even just a DNS hiccup, and the visitor wanted something else entirely. But I'm intrigued enough to think that I should start to share some of these 'Hiccup Blog Links' with you just for fun. (Shall I call them Blinks?)

I'm not going to keep adding them on the left-hnd sidebar, this could get out of hand, so you'll just have to scour my forthcoming blog posts for urelles.

Chelsea Girl

4 Comments:

Blogger Taiga the Fox said...

I am reading your blog posts, but I seem to have zero minutes time for commenting (hmm... that might be also laziness).

3:36 pm  
Blogger Occasional Poster of Comments said...

Ditto.

(See what I mean?)

6:30 pm  
Blogger Sopwith-Camel said...

I'll take it to mean that you both have lives in the real world :)

9:44 pm  
Blogger P. said...

It mostly happens right after you make a post. Assuming you have the 'list my blog' or whatever, option ticked in your settings. It means that every time you make a post you go to the front of the 'next blog' queue. This means that you will get a few visitors who arrive by clicking 'next blog' and the stats show the blog they came in from as a 'referring link'. It's a bit of a bubble-burster really. For a true picture of who links to you, there's a site you can use: http://wholinkstome.com/ and yeah, that's a bit of a bubble-burster too. Best not to care. Or at least pretend not to.

10:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home