What goes up...

is often a lot of hot air. In my mind I soar like an eagle, but my friends say I waddle like a duck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: No Man's Land, Disputed Ground

Flights of Fancy on the Winds of Whimsy

Sunday, May 28, 2006

The Vat-Man made my head explode

Once a quarter I have to sit down with spreadsheets and invoices and other heaps of paperwork and make some sort of financial sense of what my small company has done in the preceding three months. It happened to me this weekend and meant I didn't have the time to sort through some of my recent, well, I can't call them scribblings or jottings, so let's call them rattlings.

But the blossoms are still on the trees, and new flowers are coming out as fast as old ones fade, so I've got a few photos from the previous weekend.


These are straggling over the fence from a neighbouring garden.



Insects seem to just be there whenever I point the camera. Overlooked and often loathed, if they weren't busy at this time of year we might not have flowers again.


I think this is Cranesbill. It grows everywhere and is rife outside my backdoor. It is classed as a weed.


I think this is a wild cornflower. It was hiding deep in the tangled bramble stems and nettles, as though it can't bear to be exposed to the sun.


I'm temped to say bluebells. because I've seen them in pinks and whites as well as the colour from which they get their name.


I have taken a dozen or more photos of these over the past few weeks, and up till now none of the shots have really caught this tiny flower properly.


Gorse, I think, but not in the massive clump you normally find them in.


I call these Ox-Eye Daisies, but I have been told that they are too early for them. Maybe Wiltshire flowers get up before the rest of the countyr.


I don't know what this is, it's tiny and almost invisible alongside the road.


Even nettles bloom, and I have a recipe for a wine to be made from nettle flowers and tops.


I think this is an escapee from a garden.


These, like the tiny blue flowers above, are very hard to get a decent photo of.


This cornflower was less shy than the one I found amongst the nettles, but it is so close to one of the houses I suspect it has seeded itself from their garden.


I put these lichen in for Frenchwomans Left Antenna. We tend to ignore them, but the shapes and colours can be really outlandish, and almost beg to be found in mysterious caves and grottos, not on apple trees alongside the road.


Finally, although it isn't a flower, I find some leaves to be as visually atrractive as any blossom, for shape, or colour, or pattern.

1 Comments:

Blogger Taiga the Fox said...

Nice shots and beautiful flowers again.
I tried to take a decent photo of the Forget-me-not (the tiny blue) as well, but it seemed to be almost impossible...

7:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home