What goes up...

is often a lot of hot air. In my mind I soar like an eagle, but my friends say I waddle like a duck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: No Man's Land, Disputed Ground

Flights of Fancy on the Winds of Whimsy

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Video Chase

I got into a YouTube tag game with P. Dub last night. Here's part of the trail:

Mention Kirsty MacColl and everyone remembes her duet with the Pogues, and of course "There's a guy works down the chip-shop". But I remember something else, from a compilation tape I bought in Sweden years ago, which started off with The Boomtown Rats' "Someone's Looking at You", and also had this:



That started a chain of Irish Folk/Country, which I felt compelled to break, and got back to girl singers with the very cunningly-titled "Rapture":



My oppo in the game was edging back to Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. Wandering around the edge of the Australian connection, I found that the Prodigy had done a mash of Kylie Minogue, "Slow my bitch up":



You've got to admire them.

I ended up with the last girl singer, who I only discovered last year, on the "Ear Farm" mp3 blog you'll find in my sidebar links. Pea hated her, but I just love the drawling style:



She reminds me of someone, amd I'm still waiting for the synapses to click through to a path. Anyone out there like to try jogging my memory?

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger P. said...

My oppo in the game was edging back to Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.

Thank God for that sentence! For a minute there I thought I was going to lose what small amount of musical credibility I ever possessed. ;)

7:54 am  
Blogger Sopwith-Camel said...

You should have said you had music cred, I wouldn't have mucked about so much. Gomen Nasai, P-san.

9:12 am  
Blogger P. said...

I don't really. It's just an obviously convincing act I occasionally engage in to get into music festivals without paying.

Hoorah for the stupids.

2:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home